The Uganda Startup Cup is pleased to announce that after a grueling seven months of coaching, judging, mentoring, networking and lots of fun a winner and Uganda representative has been selected. The challenge featured a diverse array of startups including the Bio Technology startup Zaantu who have devised a software application in lieu of the frequent breakdown of medical equipment which is as a result of misuse, wear and tear among others, the winning social enterprise “Ask Without shame” a mobileapp for young people to ask any sexual and reproductive health related questions from qualified medical experts, in a non-threatening environment via an android mobile application and via sms.
The entrants to the Competition were judged on the merits of their business models with three presentations made to the panel of judges. All decisions regarding the criteria were made solely by the judges.
A panel of 10 judges evaluated and graded the applications based on innovation, scalability and job creation in Lebanon. Each of the 12 semi-finalist teams were assigned a coach who followed up and provided strategic support, mentorship and ability to adopt advice.
The Challenge Business Model Competition was designed to foster entrepreneurship and an entrepreneurial spirit, grow jobs through startups, and increase awareness of the resources available to grow entrepreneurs.
The Uganda StartUp Cup is part of a global family of business model competitions designed to provide community-based long-term support to participating local entrepreneurs during their early growth phase and is a Featured Event of the Global Entrepreneurship Week. StartUp Cup is also an official partner of the U.S. Department of State’s Global Entrepreneurship Program.
The cup is designed with a powerful business model coaching approach that supports entrepreneurs to accelerate building and testing their business models with customers to improve the likelihood of generating revenue and building a viable business model.
Here are some of the benefits sponsors can expect to benefit from being part of our events;
• Sponsors through taking part on the Uganda startup cup will increase their company visibility; a unique opportunity for increased corporate identification, exposure and brand awareness.
• Sponsors will engage upcoming and seasoned entrepreneurs who are known to be brand loyal.
• Sponsors will reach an international platform during the global entrepreneurship week; a global event that will be held in November 2016.
• Sponsors who will have online views, as we predict a large number of spectators in Uganda and around the world.
• Sponsors will co-host events press briefs with us.
• Sponsors get an open invitation to take part in our local events.
• Sponsors get custom survey of the startup community (we can create survey and produce report)
• Sponsors get invitation for a guest blog post on the website uganda.startupcup.com
• Company name/logo listed on the website